BM6022 - Introduction to Participatory Health Research (3 ECTS)
This module provides an introductory overview to involving patients, providers, decision makers, communities or any other members of the public in health research. It offers an overview of the scholarship and practice of PR and introduces current issues.
This Level 9 module (Masters and PhD) is open to:
- University of Limerick graduate students for 3 credits
- All European graduate students for 3 ECTS credits (register through your home institution – and contact me)
- Anyone else for professional interest or development (CPD certificate available upon request) (contact me)
- The module runs online from 4-31 May, 2020, with one live virtual meeting on 18 May from 11.00-13.00 (UTC+0)
- The module is structured-asynchronous, meaning that you don’t need to be online together, but need to complete each week’s content and interactions by the end of that week.
- We take a problem-based learning (PBL) approach, where most of the learning experience comes from you interacting with each other in the online forum in order to share questions and answers and complete work together
UL Students: Please register through your department/school
Everyone else: If you are interested in participating in the module, please contact me as soon as possible!
We can accommodate 24 participants (priority to UL students)
Hope you can join us!
Jon Salsberg, PhD
Senior Lecturer in Primary Healthcare – Public & Patient Involvement
Graduate Entry Medical School | Scoil Leighis Iontrála Iarchéime
University of Limerick | Ollscoil Luimnigh
Limerick, Ireland | Eire
Adjunct Professor, Department of Family Medicine, McGill University, Canada
Twitter @jsalsb | HRI Profile | GEMS Profile | ORCID ID